We are still here

I haven't written much, because not much has changed.  We are still working our way through the challenges of e-learning.  The stay at home orders keep getting pushed back.  Life events are still in limbo waiting for the world to take it's next cautious breath in public.  We are waiting.
But as we we do while waiting, we daydream of what is yet to come or yearn for what has been.  Three more weeks and we will be again on summer break.  I am looking forward to not keeping track of multiple teaching plans.  I hope for a chance to try something new without being interrupted by multiple Zoom meetings and press conferences.  The chance for the kids to explore their own interests at their own pace. The simple joy of reading a book because you want to, instead of for a class.
Yes, we are still here.  But we are beginning to dream of being in a different place.

The beauty of spring has helped my soul during this time.
White erase boards from the Easter Bunny has been a life saver for homework time.  Daniel and I raced each other through his math problems.  I will say we are evenly matched.
We are using all the tricks if the trade to keep this girl interested.  
Babies are still being born during these times.  I have a little break before my last birth of the spring.  Another kind of rest I am looking forward to experiencing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding the Happy Place

Pass the chocolate

What day is it?