Time to Breathe


Where did summer go? I know I had ten weeks of fun around here somewhere, but it has seemed to vanish under the rush back to school, preparations for new classes, and the million little things that had been put on hold until the kids went back to the supervision of someone other than myself.
I was so worried at the beginning of summer that we would be battling boredom and watching movies all day long.  Instead, we regularly had something moving us through the days.  The chores chart became a regular effort without much prompting, which was a big goal of mine.  The kids learned new things, incorporated some of it into their play, and maybe they will remember some of it to tell their kids one day.  Or not…

Water play was one of the favorite activities of summer

Time with family was also precious


Dictionary anyone?
 School was a rushed start, with last minute teacher assignments, a confusing bus schedule, and back to back “Back to School” meetings the night before the first day of school.  Once kids were in school, I found myself with 8 days to finalize a class curriculum for my Childbirth Education class.
Did I mention there was homework?  First day of school, and already there was homework.  And a panic attack. Next day, homework…on a Friday, and a panic attack, plus a major meltdown over not getting spelling right the first try.  Oh, did I mention that we also had our first think sheet for behavior sent home?  Sigh… 
So….we have 173 days left of school until the next Summer experience.  Anyone else ready to find summer again?
Friday did bring an aced spelling test and minimal homework.  Also there were two days in a row without panic attacks.  My class went well Saturday and I finally found a moment to breathe today. 

Inhale, exhale, repeat….
We will get into a rhythm.  The teachers will learn the uniqueness of their students.  The kids will …well I am not sure what they will do most days, but we will be there to support them.  It is just another journey.  One step at a time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the chocolate

Let's all be well

Finding the Happy Place