A brief resignation

I handed over my mom hat this evening, resigning my position as mom.
I no longer felt qualified for the position.  Simple tasks had been failed.  Errors made. I gave up.

And then I took it back again and got some dinner and left to pick up a child from his activity.  My husband offered to do it, but I needed to make it right.

While fuming at myself earlier in the car, I realized I was the only one there judging me.  I tried to take a look at the big picture.  Some good did happen today. Some grace had been offered and received. Take another breath. Sigh.

The car in front of me has a sticker of the Cross by it's license plate.
Suddenly the lyrics of an old hymn come to mind.
"Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord, to the place where Christ had died.  Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord to His precious bleeding side."

God's grace was biggest in His worst moments of death.  I need to remember that it's also true that in my worst moments, His grace is even bigger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the chocolate

Let's all be well

What day is it?